Terms & Conditions
1. Motorcycling is potentially hazardous. You should be aware of this, we will take all reasonable precautions to ensure your safety whilst you are training with us, however you should also do your best to prevent injury or accident to yourself or others. Do as your instructor tells you. If you are unsure about anything get if clarified before carrying on.
2. M&C Motorcycle Training will endeavour to ensure that the pupil trains on a moped or motorcycle suitable for their particular training needs, however, if the instructor feels that for the safety of the pupil and other road users the pupil should not continue to train on a particular moped or motorcycle he has the right to transfer the pupil to another bike of equal ‘cc’ or smaller. If the instructor feels that it is unsafe to continue he has the right to terminate the training. A mutually convenient time will be arranged to continue training. NO REFUND shall be given. A fee of £50 will be charged to reschedule to cover the instructors fees within 4 weeks of initial course 4 weeks. After 4 weeks full price will be charged.
Damage To Equipment
3. M&C Motorcycle Training require all pupils to respect all moped, motorcycle or equipment hired to them. All training and equipment is covered by insurance, however there is an excess of £250.00 / 49cc – £350.00 / 125cc – £450.00 / 500cc for serious damage. Minor damage new parts will be levied at the student unless the damage was caused by equipment failure, if not agreed then training will be terminated and no refund shall be given.
4. If the moped, motorcycle or equipment is damaged by a pupil in such a way that it is not safe to train on or take a test M&C Motorcycle Training will endeavour to find a replacement. If there is not one available the training or test will be cancelled until such time as replacement can be found, or the damage has been repaired. A mutually convenient time will be arranged to continue the training or test. NO REFUND shall be given.
5. If after damaging a moped, motorcycle the instructor feels that for safety reasons the pupil should not continue to train on that particular bike he has the right to transfer the pupil to another bike of equal ‘cc’ or smaller. If the instructor feels that it is unsafe to continue he will terminate the training. NO REFUND shall be given.
Use Of Private Bike
6. IF a customer wishes to use there own bike’ for training they must produce a current MOT, insurance certificate and display a current road tax before training can commence. If the instructor advises the ‘own bike’ is not suitable for training and or taking the practical test on, the instructor has the right to terminate the training. NO REFUND shall be given.
Compulsory Basic Training
7. Compulsory Basic Training (CBT): A CBT must be paid for 7 days before the ‘booked date’. If it is a short notice booking (less than 7 days before booked date) the fee must be paid on booking. If the pupil fails to attend the CBT NO REFUND shall be given. If the CBT is not completed by the pupil with the advice from the instructor, M&C Motorcycle Training will endeavour to arrange for the pupil and instructor to return at a mutually convenient date to complete the CBT a fee may be charged.
Direct Access Scheme
8. Direct Access Scheme/A2 Training: At the time of booking all courses a non-refundable deposit must be paid of £100.00 to secure the course dates and test appointment. The balance is due 7 days prior to commencement of course. For courses booked less that 7 days in advance full payment must be made Non-refundable. Once a course has started if a trainee decides to leave before completing the course NO REFUND shall be given.
9. Payment methods M&C Motorcycle Training accept most major debit & credit cards, BACS payments or cash with a card deposit non-refundable. If you do not show for course or you are not in possession of correct documentation no refund shall be made. Payment in full before training commences prior to start date of course, unless by prior arrangement.
10. M&C Motorcycle Training will contact customers either by telephone, letter or email, with advice on all training and tests booked. The pupil is responsible for reading all the correspondence and noting all dates and times booked.
11. M&C Motorcycle Training cannot be held responsible for test being cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency for whatever reason. We will endeavour to rearrange the test for another mutually convenient date and time. We regret that a fee may have to be charged for any further training and bike hire for a rearranged test.
12. CBT; Refunds will only be given if 7 days’ notice of cancellation is given before booked date, any cancellation less than 7 days NO REFUND shall be given.
13. DAS Refunds will not be made on course cancellations unless 14 days’ notice is given. If less than
14. days’ notice is given, refunds shall only be made if the training time can be resold. If less than 7 days’ notice is given NO REFUND shall be made.
13. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice.